John hosts regular one, two and sometimes three day Clinics all over Australia. When he is working away from home base he frequently allows a spare day or so on either side of a weekend Clinic to be available for private lessons.
We’ve found that people often want to spend some one-on-one time with John to consolidate what they have learned, and private lessons are a great way to do this.
A Clinic with John usually follows the format below.
Day 1: Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner will be provided depending on the venue. This information will be provided at the time of booking.
Day 2: Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch and Afternoon Tea will be provided. (See above)
* Bookings are strictly on a first come, first served basis. Sorry, no refunds unless Clinic is cancelled.
* Clinic will be held subject to minimum registrations.
Day 1 Will Cover:
- Step One – Facing Up
- Step Two – Standing Still
- Step Three – Touching All Over & Relaxing
- Step Four – Backing Up
- Step Five – Flexing
- Step Six – Yielding to Pressure Up, Forward and Down
- Step Seven – Yielding Shoulder and Hindquarters
- Step Eight – Accepting Spooky Objects
- Step Nine – Leading in Position
- Step Ten – Lunging
Day 2 Will Cover:
The above steps whilst riding your horse. Mini trail ride (putting 10 Steps into practice), Games on Horseback (time allowing).
Common issues and problems that may also be addressed:
- Typing up problems
- Hard to Catch
- Nipping and Biting
- Float Loading
- Lunging Problems
- Pushy Colts
- First Halter and Lead